Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Shopping

Last Friday, I went to Birmingham to Cassie's to get a little Christmas shopping done. But, when I got to Childgersburg, I realized I had a visitor with me. You wanna know who? Turtle! Yes, that's right. Jonah's best buddy! I call Bryan to tell him and offered to turn around. He said no, that he would handle it at bedtime. So, I kept on. I got to Cassie's at about 5:30 and we went to Toys 'R Us. An hour and a half later this is what the back of the car looked like. I am happy though. I am pretty much through with the kids and nephews and cousins!
When we left Toys 'R Us, we met Ross and ate at Bonefish. I have never ate there. It was so good. I wouldn't mind going back. The bang bang shrimp was bang bang good! We got two different things and the three of us shared it. At about 8:30 I got a call from Bryan. Noah had started running a fever and Jonah was crying for Turtle. After telling him what to give Noah, I tried to talk to Jonah and calm him down. No such luck. I asked him if I could sleep with Turtle. No. Can Uncle Ross? No. Can Aunt Cassie? No. He then tells me this, "I can't talk right now, I'm gonna let you talk to daddy." Break my heart why don't you. Anyway, I offered again to come home, but Bryan again said no, that he would handle it. He tucked Jonah in, with the other 215 stuffed animals that he owns, and told him that when he got finished brushing his teeth that he would come lay down with him. When he got thru though, he was sound asleep. Whew! Noah got to sleep with daddy, so he was in hog heaven. Poor Bryan. Sick child and crying child! He handled it well though!
 This is a picture of me and Cassie outside the restaurant.

We decided not to eat dessert at Bonefish. We wanted yogurt. So, we went to Yogurt Lab. I love these new yogurt places where you can get pretty much any yogurt you can think of (except banana-I haven't found that one yet) and put pretty much any topping you can think of on it! You then take it and put it on a scale and pay by the ounce. That can get out of control! Here is what Ross, Cassie, and I had. Mine is on the bottom. Red velvet cake yogurt, cake batter yogurt, and original tart yogurt (my fav). I put strawberry cake, cheesecake pieces, mini homemade chocolate chip cookies, and sour candies on top of it.

The next morning we met our aunt DeLoyce and ate at Edgar's. Then Cassie and I went to the new outlets in Leeds. They were nice, but too crowded! I didn't get a whole lot of Christmas shopping done there. I did get me some socks, Bryan a couple of shirts, and Noah and Jonah a few things at The Children's Place. Here are a couple of pics of the new place.


After we left the outlets we went and got Ross and ate lunch at Chuy's by the Summit. Soooo good! (mexican) We then went over to Sephora so I could get some blush and eyeliner. Next, we said our goodbyes and I headed home. When I pulled into the carport at home, I saw two sets of little eyes peeking out the door at me. When I turned the car off they came running with excitement hugging and kissing me. Jonah's was short-lived. He started looking for Turtle. I handed him to him, and the kissing and hugging on Turtle began. It lasted for about ten minutes! I think he was happier seeing Turtle than me! I had a good time getting to shop without two little boys with me. Thank you Bryan for keeping one sick little boy and one broken hearted little boy. Job well done!


2 comments:

  1. Let's plan a shopping trip for one day when we're home for Christmas...even it it's just a quick trip to Target!!!

    ReplyDelete