Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blogger Challenge Day 17

Today's challenge is "my parents." They are gonna kill me for posting this picture, but it is the only one that I had of all three of us. This was 12 years ago on my wedding day.I have alot of memories of both of them while I was growing up, but I will share just a couple. When it was time to wake up to go to church or wherever we might be going on the weekend, or if Daddy Paul just wanted us to wake up early for some reason, he would put his hands up to his mouth like a trumpet and do this noise and sound like a trupmet. You know, how they do when they wake you up in the army? I'm sure you all have heard that before sometime in your life. Well yes, it woke us up alright! And I can remember he would just be smiling and laughing when I opened my eyes. I can also remember him singing the one-eyed one-horned flying purple-people eater alot. We thought that was so funny! There was also a story he use to tell us about a door. I can't remember how it goes, but he would always tell it to us. Now mother always had fun with us, too. She always went to the dances with us, to chaperone, but ended up always on the dancefloor somehow. Now to any other teenage girl this might be somewhat embarassing, but Cassie and I (I used it right Cassie) didn't care. All of our friends loved my mother. She was alot of fun. Mother has a big heart. It doesn't matter who you are, you are not a stranger. She can talk to anyone. I love that about her.

Jonah and Papa are playing the wii. My kids adore Papa. They think the sun rises and shines in him. Everytime we start to drive up in their driveway they start asking if Papa is home. And, if he is, they start screaming with excitement. They have always had the best time with him. When Noah was a baby they would sit in the floor for hours playing. Especially with Legos. Noah would always say, "Papa, you wanna build a castle?" And, of course, Papa would. Mother would act like she was jealous and say, "you won't play with me?" And he would say, "Mema it's a boy fang (thing)." We would laugh histerically everytime he said it.
Then Jonah came along. Well, that made it two little boys that Papa had to share his time with. Jonah adores Papa just as much as Noah always did. Jonah's thing is getting Papa to go to the sand pile and play. One day while trying to get him to use the potty Papa told him if he would use the potty that he'd play in the sand pile with him. Well, he didn't that day, but within the week he did start using the potty and one of the first things he said was, "now you can take me to Papas and we can play in the sand pile." We are gonna say that is what made him start using it. I am so glad that my boys love him so much.

This is Mema and Noah riding the rhino. They boys always wants mother to come spend the night with them. She has done this a few times and they love it. She sometimes will pick Noah up from school and their thing is stopping by Jack's and getting a milkshake. He has come to think that if she picks him up that they need to get one. Jonah is always telling Mema, "I love you a hundred sixty ninety nine." That is his way of telling her he loves her alot. Both of the boys like to call Mema on the phone, too. Noah has learned her phone number and Jonah is learning. They always think that she has to get a sandwich bag and fix them some sort of snack when we leave their house. They now have a thing about eating ice cream at their house. They get those small cups of ice cream and the boys go straight for the freezer everytime we walk in. If for some reason they don't have any, the boys will tell Mema to call Papa and tell him to get some. They love their Mema!

No comments:

Post a Comment