Monday, November 8, 2010

Blogger Challenge Day 21

Today's blogger challenge is favorite recipes. Oh man...I love food. I wouldn't say I am a suzy homemaker, but I like to cook when I want to. And sometimes it's good and sometimes it isn't. Poor Bryan and the kids have to suffer through some of my "cooking mistakes." Anyway, I love winter. It is my favorite season. Why? Crockpot food, of course! I love to make Santa Fe soup. Mmmmm! It is so good. And when I make it I usually put a little extra beans and tomatoes just so it makes more. Here is the recipe:
    
     1 lb ground beef
     2 pkgs. Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing
     2 pkgs. taco seasoning
     1 (16 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
     1 (16 oz.) can kidney bean, undrained
     1 (16 oz) can rotel
     1(16 oz.) can diced italian style tomatoes
     1 (16 oz.) can shoepeg corn, undrained
     Onion powder, to taste (you can use 1 onion diced)
     Salt and pepper to taste

   Cook beef and drain. Add all remaining ingredients in a crockpot. Stir. Cook slow. Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese and corn chips.

1 comment:

  1. I take full advantage of the crock pot in the fall and winter too...atleast a couple times a week. Love the new blog design by the way:)

    ReplyDelete