Saturday, November 6, 2010

Blogger Challenge Day 19

Today's blogger challenge is to name a fun memory. I am gonna name a fun memory from my childhood since I just posted baby pictures and am thinking alot about things we did when I was a child. One of the fun things I can remember doing is riding the 4-wheeler for the first time. My uncle, Gwen, bought my cousin, Micki, a 4-wheeler when she was just a little bitty thing. I am a few years older than her, but I had never drove one. I watched her and my uncle drive it several days before I would try it. One day I decided to drive it up Taunton's driveway, my grandmother. I have never been so scared in all my life. I almost wrecked and didn't get on it for at least two more weeks. Taunton and Micki were laughing hysterically when I got back down the driveway and I was so mad because they were! Looking back now, I was just scared to death and it is funny. Now I was probably only 8 years old and I realize that is plenty old enough to ride a 4-wheeler, but I had never even been around one. So this was all new to me. When I finally got the guts up to ride it again I loved it! Micki and I would ride it for hours every day. We would go out in the pasture and ride down to the lakes and in the bottoms (which is just what we called the back part of the pasture that is down in a hole). We loved it especially when it rained because we could ride it through all of the mud puddles. We would be filthy when we got back and usually got in trouble for it! There was a hill in the front pasture that we always "jumped." We would go as fast as we could and hit this small hill and go flying through the air! It really is a wonder that we are still alive because there was only one helmet, so therefore one of us was usually without one. These were good times. I love all of my childhood memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment