Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas

It is that time of year again! Christmas! My favorite time of year. I love to get all the decorations up. And as soon as I can, I get started! This year I put up most of it the week of Thanksgiving.

I have said for the past three years that I am going to get a new tree skirt and haven't. I just can't bring myself to pay so much for one. So, I went to Hobby Lobby and got two yards of each: red, green, and white tool. (Is that how it's spelled? Sounds good to me.) I just wrapped it around the bottom of the tree and...voila... $9 later, I have a new skirt! Like?
Here is our tree. I love decorating the tree every year. It is my favorite thing to do during the holidays!
And a view from the other side with our stockings hanging.

My new ornament this year. I got it at Target, of course!
Here is the tree "lit up."
I always let the kids get a new ornament each year. This is what Noah picked out. Ha! Of all things he could pick...he picked this! At least he's "patriotic".

This is what Jonah picked out. Right up his alley!
This is Noah's tree in his room. Of course, guns as a tree topper. Now that is more like him! The santa snow globe was a gift from Mema. If you can tell, it is fiber optic.

This is Jonah's tree in his room and his snowman snow globe from Mema. I think he has turned it on 150 times today! He loves it!
This is the outside of the house.

This is my fireplace and mantle. I got new nutcrackers last year on sale after Christmas.
This is my stair rails all decorated up.

This is the house after dark so you can see it when it is lit up.



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the new tree skirt! I wouldn't have thought of that, but it's such a great idea. I was looking at tree skirts for Luke's tree...$40 was the cheapest I found at Hobby Lobby! I ended up getting a $4 "scarf" thing. I like cheap...that way when I want to change it the next year I don't feel so bad! :)

    ReplyDelete