Friday, June 8, 2012

Show us your life: Show us your kitchen

I am linking up with Kelly from Kelly's Korner again this week. Its Show us your life: Show us your kitchens! Well, I'm in our kitchen ALOT!!! Between both boys always needing something, cleaning up messes, cooking, or just sitting at the bar with a cup of coffee and my laptop, I'm there 90% of the time! We "remodeled" our kitchen a couple of years ago, and by remodeled I mean new appliances, new granite countertops, new tile backsplash, new hardware for cabinets, and new sink and faucet. This is the view from in front of the stove. And as you can see, our living room and kitchen is one huge room not divided :)
This is a view from the side of our living room.
A shot from the bay window.
Another shot further back from the living room. We still have our lights to hang over the bar and we are getting recessed lights hung in the kitchen so I can get rid of those big, bulky fluorescent lights!!! UGH!
Since I can't really hang thing on the fridge that the kids make, I hang them on the side of the cabinet. I think I like that.....I know it looks like a hot mess, but I just love all the little things they make!
And sorry for the quality of picture on this one, but, this is the bay window. I have absolutely nothing in it and am looking for ideas. Help!!! I really don't want a table and chairs because we have four barstools and also 6 seats at our table in the dining room. I have no clue what to do with it and hate seeing it so bare! I have thought about getting a little window seat built around it, but just not sure. Opinions please!
Refrigerator view...Now I have another "opinion" to ask of you. I have been thinking of getting the dark walnut trim hung around the top of the cabinets to match the hardware and barstools. What's you opinion??

6 comments:

  1. what a beauty kitchen. Your floors are so shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the artwork displayed by your kiddos! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your kitchen! I LOVE the idea of a window seat but if you're not sure why not consider maybe a wicker love seat & a couple of chairs or maybe just a couple of comfortable chairs with a table in between to hold drinks, magazines, etc? I don't know. Maybe you're not a "wicker kind of girl" but that was the first thought that popped into my mind when I saw the space & you said you didn't want a table & chairs there. You have a lovely kitchen. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Your Jonah and Noah are so cute! I love the layout in your kitchen. If you don't want table and chairs in your breakfast nook you could do a built in window seat maybe with storage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I like the built ins with storage idea, too! Thanks for sharing and stopping by kitchen - again - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the window seat idea!! But if you aren't ready to do that, I like what the other person that commented said about just some chairs or something over there, just a little sitting area.
    I love how the kitchen is open to the living room. You may be cooking, but you're not cut off from everyone and I love that!!!
    We just got a new stainless refrigerator and I was so mad when I realized that magnets didn't stick to it!!! I love that you still have a place to hang the boys artwork, though!!

    ReplyDelete