Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bunnies, Bicycles, and Boo-Boo's

Memorial Day started off with a bang! I was sitting on the couch drinking coffee and I see our dog, Biscuit, chasing something in the yard. I go out on the back porch and hear whatever it is squealing!!! I thought it was a chipmunk, but when he put it down, it hopped!! I ran back inside, out the front door (because we still don't have steps on the back porch since the pool is still being put in!) and to the little rabbits rescue! It was so tiny! It wasn't hurt (yet)! I scooped it up and took it to show the boys. Now mind you, in this picture, Noah, is holding it. These are his little hands-not mine! This proves just how small it is! It just fit in the palm of my hand! It was the sweetest, cutest thing I've ever seen!
We ended up letting it go. I took it back to the pasture and put it there so maybe its mama could find it. Bryan kept telling me it wouldn't live if we kept it! Now, I'm not sure, I never went back to check on the poor thing, but I hope  it is ok. (maybe I don't need to know!) I made sure to put it under some limbs, so that a certain dog couldn't get to it again!

Onto other festivities of the day.....we went down to the lake for the day and cooked out and swam. The boys took their bicycles and would take them up the hill and ride back down. Noah would pop a wheelie, and what do you know, Jonah would, too. Now, Jonah has done it plenty of times before, but this time, he fell! I didn't see it, but Bryan did and went to his rescue.

This is not at the lake, but it gives you an idea of the wheelies that were taking place!
Noah doing a wheelie:
Jonah doing a wheelie:
And Jonah's face after the wheelie:
Looks proud doesn't he???
My sister said that maybe I shouldn't take him out in public for a few days, for fear that DHR might pay me a visit! Haha!! If DHR ever paid me a visit, they'd probably give me some kind of medal ;)
And he wanted me not to forget his knee:
I also purchased some Mederma (scar treatment) for all these cuts and scrapes! That stuff is expensive, but if Jonah keeps going at the rate he has these past couple of weeks, it is gonna be worth every penny!

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love those boys and their boo-boos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I can finally comment again! I may need to buy some Mederma to keep on hand too! We seem to get cuts and scraps often. Poor Jonah . . . looks like he took a pretty good fall, but he does look so proud in the pictures! What a tough boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor, Jonah!! I am not sure how I missed this!!! Oh, boys...this is our future:)

    ReplyDelete