Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Just a Good Ole' Boy

Noah turned 8 on March 4th. Yeah, I know, I'm late at posting. But, hey, at least I'm posting it, right? Austin came home with Noah after school. They rode four-wheelers and dirt bikes all afternoon long. Right up until time to go to the firehouse for the party. At one point I thought the birthday boy might be late for his own party, but we weren't. Only Paw Paw and Granny beat us there.
                            This is Austin on the four-wheeler and Noah on the dirt bike.
Noah's cake. Super cute! If you can't tell he had a Dukes of Hazzard party!
Luckily, Austin brought a dvd of Dukes of Hazzard so we popped it in the dvd player. A few of them enjoyed watching it a little...especially Papa!
All decorated...somewhat! Did any of you know that you can't find Dukes of Hazzard b'day decorations. I had to improvise. Orange and black...everything! I just painted the number on the balloons and trimmed it in white. And wrote on the others, like "Hazzard County", "Good Ole' Boy", and "08"(instead of 01). We look like rednecks with that rebel confederate flag. But, it is what it is. Right???
My beautiful homemade cookies! (I'm just kiddin' it looks as though a 3 year old decorated them!) Look at the pitiful one missing some of its "stars"...so sad!
Eatin' up some bar-b-que
Some of the kids. Austin, Noah, John, Jaden, and Jonah
"Cool Jacob"
"Excited Jonah"
"Silly Face Jaden"
Ready to blow out some candles
I don't know if you can tell or not, but the candles were different colors and when you lit them they burned that color flame. (or they were supposed to) Don't buy any! They pretty much "blow". Get it? Blow. Ha ha. I crack myself up!
Make a wish!
This is what 8 year olds get for birthdays! Money!! Although there was one really cool present in one of the cards! Harlem Globetrotter tickets from Uncle Ross and Aunt Cassie!
He racked up!
Still counting money!
And still counting money!
This was his birthday present from us. We gave it to him on Thursday because it was supposed to rain on Friday. He loved it! Me? Not so much. But, he's a boy and I need to accept that there are gonna be things he likes that I don't!
Cool dude!
Does he look excited to you?
Scares Mama to death!!!
He's pretty good at it. I just don't want him too cocky about it!

Happy Birthday Sweet Noah! I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Noah!! I think your Mama did a GREAT job on the cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a good job on the cookies! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete